We support the Sustainable Development Goals
1) The Pelagia Group respects all internationally recognized human rights, including those enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the UN Convention on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, the UN Convention on Civil and Political Rights and the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. These include, but are not limited to, the freedom of association and the right to negotiate, and the right to freedom from forced labor, child labor and/or discrimination in working life.
2) We must avoid having a negative impact on the human rights of others. We must pay particular attention to the rights that our business is most likely to have a negative impact on, and to the people who are most exposed to such possible negative impact, including women, children, foreign workers and indigenous peoples.
3) Human rights are part of Pelagia’s ethical guidelines that all employees are obliged to follow.
4) We expect our suppliers and business partners to act with respect for all internationally recognized human rights, including those specifically mentioned above. In contracts with suppliers, in the absence of the supplier’s own guidelines, requirements will be set for relevant parts of Pelagia’s ethical guidelines to be followed.
5) Pelagia has procedures for annual due diligence in accordance with the OECD’s guidelines of Pelagia’s activities, including the supply chain to promote internationally recognized human rights and decent working conditions.
6) Pelagia focuses on how our suppliers safeguard human rights and labor rights through an ongoing, risk-based approach to our suppliers in line with Pelagia’s guidelines for supplier approval.
CEO Egil Magne Haugstad
Contributing to low emissions and waste
- A significant part of our energy is already from renewable sources and Pelagia is working on replacing fossil energy with renewable energy sources
- Focus on effective logistics through the value chain – limited need for transportation as Food and Feed facilities are strategically located in proximity to one another and suppliers
- Pelagia offers sustainable products with a low carbon footprint and limited waste generation
- Internal guidelines to choose environmental solutions where possible
Sourcing from marine resources
- Renewable marine resources are the basis of Pelagias business, the sustainable governance and development of marine resources are strictly followed by national regulations and control agencies
- All Pelagia products undergo strict quality control ensuring traceability from catch throughout the value chain